- Ask Your Senators to Hold EPA Administrator Nominee Scott Pruitt Accountable for Clean Water
Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt is President-elect Trump’s nominee for EPA administrator. Mr. Pruitt’s statements around climate change, at odds with the majority of climate scientists, and close ties to the fossil fuel industry appear out of step with the mission of this scientific agency. Add your voice to ask Senator Merkley and Senator Wyden to oppose Mr. Pruitt’s nomination and to hold him accountable by asking questions about how he will defend and uphold our nation’s environmental standards and programs.
- Strengthen Protections for the Rogue from Polluted Runoff
Stormwater runoff is a major source of pollution from our cities and towns. Ask DEQ to strengthen a proposed stormwater general permit for Oregon to better protect clean water in the Rogue Basin.
- Group Pushes for LNG Pipeline in Ads
- Proponents for the Jordan Cove LNG project push TV ads on prime time during the Olympics.
- Citizen Water Patrol
- Rogue Riverkeeper volunteers will collect samples from local water bodies to test bacteria levels and post the information online.
- Federal Court Upholds Oregon’s Right to Protect Water Quality and Fish Habitat
- Court Finds That Restrictions on Mining Methods Are Clearly Within the State’s Authority
Rogue Basin Poster Map
|Suction Dredging in Oregon
Suction dredge gold mining is literally sucking up our steams and rivers, harming aquatic ecosystems in the process.
|Liquefied Natural Gas
Energy companies continue to pursue LNG exports from southern Oregon by proposing to transport massive amounts of fracked gas through the Rogue Basin.
|Click here to learn more...|