Rogue Water News
Recent news from around the region that relates to the Rogue River and neighboring watersheds that Rogue Riverkeeper works to protect.
- Conservationists Push To Expand Rogue River Wilderness Area
- On the fiftieth anniversary of the Wilderness Act, many conservationists are pushing for an expansion of the wilderness surrounding the iconic Rogue River.
- A Thirst for Water: Salmon, steelhead struggle for life in Bear Creek
- Salmon, steelhead struggle for life in parts of drought-stricken Bear Creek
- Oregonians Rally Along the Rogue River and Statewide Opposing Gas Export
- Shady Cove, Coos Bay and Warrenton Rally Around Safety, Salmon, Property Rights and Climate
- Gold Hill fined for releasing pollution into Rogue River
- Pollution from Gold Hill's aging wastewater treatment plant exceeded standards set by the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality in July and August 2013.
- LNG battle: 'A fight worth fighting'
- Sides dig in as legal wrangling over natural gas terminal and pipeline begins to heat up
- Wyden Supports Coos Bay LNG Project Despite Environmental Hazards
- Step aside, Keystone XL pipeline: Oregon is advancing toward acquiring a new fossil fuel pipeline of its own
- Feds Greenlight LNG Exports From Controversial Jordan Cove Project in Oregon
- Though the decision was anticipated and remains conditional, the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) approval of the Jordan Cove liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal at Coos Bay, OR is already drawing the ire of environmental groups across the country.
- Following DOE Approval, LNG Opponents Call on Oregon’s Governor to Protect the State’s Rivers and Ratepayers
- DOE approval carries little meaning without more detailed environmental reviews
- Mining regulation changes are intention of Bates' bill
- Bill would water down protections for rivers passed in 2013
- Winter could return to area today
- Other storms are predicted to follow through the weekend