Rogue Water News
Recent news from around the region that relates to the Rogue River and neighboring watersheds that Rogue Riverkeeper works to protect.
- Gold miners sue western states over ban of dredging equipment
- Oregon is the latest state to face legal challenges that invoke the federal mining law of 1872
- Guest Opinion: Board of Forestry fails to protect Southern Oregon salmon
- In a recent decision intended to increase protection for our streams and salmon from the impacts of logging along streams, the Board missed the mark by a mile.
- Conservation, Fishing Groups Move to Join Lawsuit to Protect Oregon From Gold Mining Impacts
- Groups Defend Restrictions on Mining Practices Harmful to Salmon, Waterways, Wildlife
- The Fight Over Jordan Cove LNG Will Continue
- The struggle has been ongoing for more than a decade. The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (“FERC”) approved the first incarnation of this project in 2009 and few are surprised to hear they issued a Final Environmental Impact Statement today.
- FERC Rubberstamps Jordan Cove LNG Export Project
- Governor Brown and Oregon agencies hold the final decision
- Many Swimming Holes Full of Clean Water This Summer, Even in Drought
- Rogue Riverkeeper Water Quality Testing Throughout Summer Shows Largely Positive Results
- Where Can You Find Clean Water This Summer?
- Rogue Riverkeeper Starts Water Testing of Local Rivers and Reservoirs to Inform the Public
- Bacteria plague parts of Bear, Neil creeks
- Elevated bacteria levels in portions of Bear Creek and Neil Creek near Ashland are prompting health officials to warn people against water contact
- LNG opponents urge Gov. Brown to take a leadership role on controversial gas export terminals
- Opponents of liquefied natural gas export terminals in Coos Bay and Warrenton swarmed the state capitol Tuesday May 26 to urge Gov. Kate Brown and other leaders to take decisive action on the terminals.
- Public sounds off on gas pipeline
- The Oregon Department of Environmental Quality fielded questions Thursday night about a controversial natural gas pipeline proposed for southwest Oregon.