Rogue Water News
Recent news from around the region that relates to the Rogue River and neighboring watersheds that Rogue Riverkeeper works to protect.
- Oregon Senate Passes Suction Dredge Reform Bill
- Senate moves to protect Oregon's rivers and fish from in stream mining.
- Trump Budget Bad News for Nature
- Mail Tribune article addresses concerns from local environmental non-profits around Trump's proposed budget cuts to EPA and more.
- Group Pushes for LNG Pipeline in Ads
- Proponents for the Jordan Cove LNG project push TV ads on prime time during the Olympics.
- Citizen Water Patrol
- Rogue Riverkeeper volunteers will collect samples from local water bodies to test bacteria levels and post the information online.
- Federal Court Upholds Oregon’s Right to Protect Water Quality and Fish Habitat
- Court Finds That Restrictions on Mining Methods Are Clearly Within the State’s Authority
- FERC rejects Jordan Cove LNG project; opponents rejoice
- Federal agency says pipeline's impact outweighed any benefit
- Oregon fined $1.2 M for failing to address coastal pollution
- Oregon's failure to confront coastal pollution from logging, agriculture and other sources has cost the state $1.2 million in federal grant money.
- Wider stream buffers sought for southwest Oregon
- New rules calling for wider stream buffers in Western Oregon exempted the Siskiyou Region
- Gold miners sue western states over ban of dredging equipment
- Oregon is the latest state to face legal challenges that invoke the federal mining law of 1872
- Guest Opinion: Board of Forestry fails to protect Southern Oregon salmon
- In a recent decision intended to increase protection for our streams and salmon from the impacts of logging along streams, the Board missed the mark by a mile.