Rogue Water News
Recent news from around the region that relates to the Rogue River and neighboring watersheds that Rogue Riverkeeper works to protect.
- Where Can You Find Clean Water This Summer?
- Rogue Riverkeeper Starts Water Testing of Local Rivers and Reservoirs to Inform the Public
- Bacteria plague parts of Bear, Neil creeks
- Elevated bacteria levels in portions of Bear Creek and Neil Creek near Ashland are prompting health officials to warn people against water contact
- LNG opponents urge Gov. Brown to take a leadership role on controversial gas export terminals
- Opponents of liquefied natural gas export terminals in Coos Bay and Warrenton swarmed the state capitol Tuesday May 26 to urge Gov. Kate Brown and other leaders to take decisive action on the terminals.
- Public sounds off on gas pipeline
- The Oregon Department of Environmental Quality fielded questions Thursday night about a controversial natural gas pipeline proposed for southwest Oregon.
- Whistleblower at Jordan Cove LNG-terminal site warns of contaminated soil
- Says contaminated soils were not reported to DEQ
- Kitzhaber can protect Oregon’s rivers
- Oregonians love their rivers
- Most residents speak against gas pipeline
- The majority of people at a public hearing on a proposed gas pipeline through Southern Oregon spoke against it, but workers said it would bring jobs
- Community To Rally Against Proposed Southern Oregon Pipeline
- Federal public hearing in Medford expected to be packed with locals concerned about rivers, climate, property rights, energy prices, and public safety
- Advisory warns of blue-green algae bloom at Lost Creek Lake
- Blue-green algae has reared its potentially toxic head again at Lost Creek Lake, triggering a public-health advisory against water contact by people or pets at Jackson County's largest reservoir.
- Most dredging banned under new proposed guidelines
- A report from the Governor's office outlines a proposal to overhaul the regulations that govern suction dredge gold mining, as well as near stream gold mining.