Rogue Riverkeeper Action Alerts
Your comments on the following issues can make a difference for the creeks and rivers we love, please take a moment of your time to send a letter or sign a petition.
- Ask Your Senators to Hold EPA Administrator Nominee Scott Pruitt Accountable for Clean Water
- Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt is President-elect Trump’s nominee for EPA administrator. Mr. Pruitt’s statements around climate change, at odds with the majority of climate scientists, and close ties to the fossil fuel industry appear out of step with the mission of this scientific agency. Add your voice to ask Senator Merkley and Senator Wyden to oppose Mr. Pruitt’s nomination and to hold him accountable by asking questions about how he will defend and uphold our nation’s environmental standards and programs.
- Strengthen Protections for the Rogue from Polluted Runoff
- Stormwater runoff is a major source of pollution from our cities and towns. Ask DEQ to strengthen a proposed stormwater general permit for Oregon to better protect clean water in the Rogue Basin.
- Help Protect Rivers From Logging Road Runoff
- The EPA has a responsibility to protect our rivers, streams and fish from pollution sources. Tell them that logging and other forest roads should be considered a pollution source and to be managed as such.
- Protect Our Rivers From Suction Dredge Gold Mining Into The Future
- Salmon are currently enjoying a very temporary reprieve from the impacts of suction dredge gold mining in our rivers and streams, but it won’t last for long!
- Urge State of Oregon to Turn Down Pipeline Through Our Wetlands and Waterways
- Department of State Lands has authority to protect fishing and recreation from Jordan Cove and Pacific Connector gas export project.
- Streamside Trees Needed for Clean Water and Salmon
- Protect clean, cold water for our salmon by asking the Oregon Board of Forestry to preserve streamside forests.
- Support Salmon Recovery
- Help salmon in northern California and southern Oregon by writing a letter below urging the states to implement the recovery plan.
- Remind Congress That Rogue Salmon Need Water
- Jetboats are asking for water to float their boats. It's important that science continue to manage water released from Lost Creek Reservoir to benefit fish.
- How Many Gas Explosions Is Too Many?
- Please send a letter below to Governor Kitzhaber asking him to oppose LNG export projects in Oregon due to widely demonstrated safety risks.
- Tell Governor Brown to Oppose Gas Exports from Oregon!
- The state of Oregon has the ability to deny the permits needed to move this project forward.
- Save Rough & Ready And Baldface Creeks From Destructive Nickel Mining
- This fragile wild landscape of pristine rivers, world-class fisheries, and rare plants is at risk of being turned into an industrial wasteland of strip mines, nickel smelters, and ore haul roads.